Monday 24 October 2016

A Crumb For The Week Of The Hunter's Moon - Week Forty-Two


Are you getting bored with my year of crosses yet?!


oh, well
only twelve more weeks left.


I returned home to the highest tides of the year
thanks to the Full Hunter's Moon.
Water, water, everywhere.
Just a little bit higher and the fields behind the dyke
would have flooded.


By the end of our walk the tide had peaked
and started to recede.


The next day it was a bit lower again.
Can you see the wood from ancient dyke work sticking up
to the left of the gully?....well the tops of those
are what you see in the really high tide photograph. 

6 comments:

  1. Good to see the water receding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing how you treat each cross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No not bored at all - loving them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed some of your work so I will have to back track a bit and catch up. Each are unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering if you are getting....tired?....of the cross forms? I admit I enjoyed the whimsy in your scratchings. [did i spell that right?] Maybe I am like Handy Hubby, I see a religious aspect to the crosses.
    .
    Tides. Now there is something ever changing! I am here in the Puget Sound, western side of the continent. We have many lagoons that drain out to mud, and fill back up. So maybe mine are empty as yours are full?

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Water, water, everywhere,
    And all the boards did shrink;
    Water, water, everywhere,
    Nor any drop to drink.”

    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.